September 2, 2016
St. Agnes Parish in West Chester, PA
Full-Time, regular non-exempt position (Salaried: 40 hours per week)
General Description of Duties
Reporting to the Pastor or Business Manager, the Administrative Assistant is responsible for routine office and clerical tasks, answering incoming calls and greeting visitors to the rectory, and such other tasks as may be assigned.
Normal Work Days/Hours
Hours will generally be as follows:
- Monday thru Friday – 8:00 am to 5:00 pm (60 minutes for lunch)
- Saturday and Sunday – days off
Work is generally routine; most tasks are well defined, but with considerable variation; some phases of the work are less well defined and may require independent action.
Skills and Qualifications
- Word processes various documents, some complex; collates and photocopies materials as necessary; maintains supplies needed by the Pastor and other Rectory staff.
- Opens, logs, and reads incoming mail; distributes mail to proper recipients and may compose replies independently for the Pastor.
- Answers telephones as required; screens calls, forwards calls and/or records and forwards messages accurately for the Pastor; may transcribe messages from telephone answering system.
- May perform relief receptionist duties as needed; may receive visitors and schedule appointments for the Pastor.
- Maintains filing systems; sorts, files, and retrieves documents and records; opens, closes, and transfers files and records Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum two (2) years of secretarial experience
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher). Experience with PDS desirable.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with all types of people including clergy, other parish staff, parishioners and visitors
- Ability to provide (or obtain prior to employment) clearances required by Pennsylvania and the Archdiocese such as Mandatory Reporter, Criminal Background check, Safe environment training technology addendum
- Ability to work with little to no supervision
- Ability to organize, efficiently document, and routinely update information.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to operate and trouble-shoot general office equipment (e.g., copier, fax, calculator, etc.).
- Able to dress appropriately for a Rectory office
- Ability to ascend/descend stairs
- Ability to lift, move and position loads up to 20 lbs.